When it comes to prepping, there are all kinds of different people. Some are hardcore survivalists who have completely isolated themselves from the rest of society and plan for the end of the world to happen sooner rather than later. Others are those that only prep in their own home, keeping a few supplies hidden away in case some sort of disaster were to strike. Then, there is everyone in between. If you’re reading this article, chances are you fall into the third category of being a casual prepper. It means that you prep when it makes sense or is affordable and not because you think society as we know it is about to come crashing down around us. The primary goal isn’t to be ready for doomsday but instead to be prepared for whatever life throws your way at any given point. Casual preppers understand that life happens and things go wrong regardless of how much time you spend planning for the unexpected.
Table of Contents
What Does It Mean To Be A Prepper?
Prepper is a word that gets thrown around a lot and sometimes people use it to describe people who are casual preppers. That, in turn, can lead to a lot of misunderstanding and hurt feelings. A casual prepper is someone who is not expecting society to come crashing down around them at any given moment. Instead, they prepper at their own pace and on their own terms. Casual preppers may have a few supplies in their home for emergencies but are not ready for full-on SHTF situations. They also do not buy into the hype that the world is about to end any time soon. Most casual preppers are just average people who want to be ready for whatever life throws at them. They want to stay safe and live a healthy, happy and comfortable life. They also want to be able to take care of their loved ones if they can. Casual preppers don’t want to be overwhelmed by the process either. They want to be able to do what they can without spending all of their time on it.
Why Be A Prepper?
There are many different reasons why someone may choose to be a casual prepper. Maybe you have kids or a family to think about and want them to have a few supplies in case of an emergency. Maybe you have a chronic illness or disability that makes it difficult to get around on your own. There are an endless number of reasons why being a casual prepper may be a good idea for you. One of the most important reasons why you may want to be a casual prepper is because it helps you to become more self-sufficient. Being more self-sufficient can benefit you in many different ways. It can allow you to save money in the long run by not having to rely on others for assistance. It can also help you to become more confident and independent. It can also help you to gain a sense of accomplishment and empowerment. Being a casual prepper is a great way to start learning how to become more self-sufficient.
How To Be A Casual Prepper
There are many different ways that you can be a prepper. You don’t have to completely change your life or become a survivalist in order to do it. There are lots of things that you can do on a regular basis to be more prepared. You can also start small and build up your prepper supplies over time. Here are some tips and tricks on how you can become a casual prepper:
- Stockpile Food: One of the best things that you can do to be more prepared is to stockpile long shelf-life food. You can do this by buying extra food when it’s on sale or by investing in specialist freeze-dried food. Keeping an extra supply of food in your home can make a huge difference in an emergency.
- Stockpile Water: You also want to make sure that you have a stockpile of water in your home as well. Having enough water can make a huge difference in any type of emergency situation.
- Stockpile Emergency Supplies: Another thing that you can do to be a prepper is to stockpile emergency supplies. This can include things like flashlights, batteries, blankets, medication, first aid supplies and more.
- Be Ready For Natural Disasters: You also want to make sure that you’re ready for any natural disasters that may occur in your area. Being ready for things like tornadoes, hurricanes and floods can help keep you and your family safe.
- Be Prepared For Power Outages: Another thing that you can do to be a casual prepper is to be prepared for power outages. This can include having torches and candles on hand as well as having a battery-powered radio.
- Learn To Grow Your Own Food: Another great thing that you can do to be a casual prepper is to learn to grow your own food. Growing your own food can be a great way to be more prepared and self-sufficient
Finding The Right Balance For You
There is no right or wrong way to be a prepper. You need to find the right balance for you and your unique situation. There are many different ways that you can be a casual prepper and it all comes down to your own personal situation. Whether you are a prepper or not, it’s important to remember to be safe and to use common sense. Don’t go overboard with the prepping and don’t let it consume your life. It’s important to keep a healthy mix of prepping and non-prepping activities in your life. Prepping should be about being as safe as possible and having a healthy level of preparedness for whatever life throws at you.
Being a casual prepper is a great way to prepare for the unexpected. Whether it’s a natural disaster or some sort of unexpected emergency, being prepared can make a huge difference in your life. It’s important to remember that being an effective prepper is a balancing act. It’s about finding a healthy mix of prepping and living your normal, everyday life. It’s about doing what works for you and your unique situation.